Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not a Care in the World


I have been incredibly lucky for the past month here @ work... since for some reason there has been very little work for me to do, which has given me the opportunity to think for myself... which is exactly the kind of freedom creative minds require to achieve greatness. I have taken the challenge on despite the adversity and despair of an overwhelmingly chaotic and disfunctional reality.
As someone who had nothing but creative freedom until the age of 30 when the baby came along and I found out what people really needed money for... ( It was the diapers!!)... Starving artist turned Daycare Worker/Cabdriver... Found myself working 12 hour days 6 days a week... So I went back to school for Graphic design for the sole purpose of....
A. Getting a job with less hours and more money and
B. So I would have more time to make my own art!!

It took:
5 years (for a 2 year program)
During which time outside of ungodly hours and low pay
I also saw my father through his last 3 months of life in intensive care
before pulling the plug...
Took care of my family
Took out $35,000 in new student loans
...On top of what I still owed from Art College...
(essentially I bought my way out of slavery)
and it all paid off when I got a job interview one hour after my last class...
And I got the job....
So if your biggest problem is a 9 to 5 job...
I would just like to mention that it is my biggest solution.

I got what I wanted...
More time to use my creative mind.
There is not a chance I will ever take that for granted again...

No comments: