Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Power of Parking the Car


I have taken to walking to work and home since my son got out of school last week. It is about 4 miles each way. Half of the walk is along the Mississipi river parkway. The first 3 days, I only walked one way, but now I am loving it so much I can't stand the thought of riding home in a car!! Today I really started to finally feel good!! Half way to work I had the feeling of being 20 years younger!! I started to visualize yesterday that I was on the bridge I have been waiting to find for so many years, and that when I am finished crossing it I will have found the perfect world where I am meant to play and create art for the rest of my days!! I believe the bridge is somewhere between 400 and 1200 miles across. Each time I arrive back home at the end of the day, I am one step further across the bridge... and each step is about 8 miles long!!
I am so excited because for the past 25 years I have known this is where I would be some day (although most of those days I really had no good reason to believe that I could ever get there from where I was...), so to actually be on the journey over the bridge is a very powerful moment in time for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MJ- I am tagging you with the meme that tagged me this morning. The rules are over at my place. Play along if you feel like it. Feel free to ignore as well.