Friday, July 06, 2007

What will the Magic 8 Ball say?


This photo is a beautiful Historical Home in the Icelandic countryside.....

... and this... is it.... my MEME list.... ...8 random facts about myself....
1. 8 is my lucky number. It is the number of the day of the month I was born on.
2. At the age of 4 my brother dumped a glass of cold water over the hot lightbulb in my bedside lamp... obviously this has made a lasting impression on me.
3. In art college for the year end performance art festival I sat in a tree behind the museum with a hammer and a board and heckled museum visitors about their ugly outfits... So the museum guards called the police and said there was a girl in the tree on drugs!! now that wasn't very nice...I was so NOT on drugs!! They sent 5 squad cars and a Fire truck with a hook and ladder to get me down... they even went so far as to take my hammer away.
4. I left art school to play in a punk rock band called Duck Kicking Vulture... we played for 8 years and then started another band called Yanomamos... 12" EP 1988 New Alliance Records "Quizas"
5. I drove a hot pink galaxie XL 500 with a chopped top... and I came home one day to find it was on fire because evidently my boyfriend dropped his cigarette in the trunk.
6. My father sailed out of New York as a Merchant Marine in WW2. He was eventually stationed in Iceland where he met my mother at a dance on base where she was dancing with Fred Astair. They Married and flew back to America... where eventually My brother and I were born... I have since buried my entire childhood family, and my dear Icelandic family is paying a lot of attention to me now which I adore. I think this qualifies me as an Icelandic American Princess.
7. I was a cab driver for 7 years, 5 of which I survived working 55 hours a week while going back to school for graphic design. I simultaneously cared for my family and let my house get really messy. (I know for sure there was at least one powerful angel watching over me because I got an interview and was hired one hour after my last class.)
8. I am always trying to be a better person each day, kind of a process with no particular place to arrive at... doesn't really matter how hard I try... there is always something else I can find to pick on myself about.

As for tagging 8 other Bloggers that we would like to know more about... I actually had to spend the afternoon online trying to find interesting people... this list is pretty random since none of my friends have taken to hosting blog sites...

Cool musicians who blog
broken.pooter
The Kerala Articles_Biby Cletus
Art Backwash
Angst on a Shoestring
Ruminations from Tin World
InvisibleMan
The Sneeze

Thanks to Jennifer over at Saying Yes for inspiring this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks MJ! What a great eight. Do you have any photos of your hot pink galaxie?

Anonymous said...

Uhm...you killed your boyfriend, right?

For a very short while we possessed a pristine 1960s Dodge Dart. It was wonderful.

Chuckles said...

Yanomamos. That is wild name for a punk band.

TinmanSF said...

You write well & the facts are interesting!
Hi MJ
I listed my 'facts' Hope you like them!
I skimmed your blog & intend to revisit when I get some time...It looks very interesting.

Best,
Eric

AaaDee said...

very nicely written blog. shud be visiting here more often :)

keep up the good work !!

AaaDee said...

thanks MJ for your visit to my Blog.!!

Cheers..Aaadee !