Friday, September 18, 2009

Like having a Shiny New Car...


...It's the freedom of chasing your dreams, and the TIME... good health, clarity of mind and financial stability to catch them... from there the problem of documentation... of which my performance art partner from the early 80's and I identified at an early age, subsequently taking the issue into the performance art arena... Evidently to bring attention to it and not to solve it. After all... living in the moment doesn't come with a cinematographer and journalist. So 25 years later... I am facing off the dragon... and I intend to win!! Yesterday began the first round of sifting through old tapes and transferring to DVD. Of coarse there is very little left that is still intact, however there are a few glimmers of the past and the rest will need to be re created for a documentary I am beginning to put together of my Electric Water work. I am working with a fabulous assistant with a great deal of experience with film and editing... and most important... great enthusiasm... which makes it so much more fun. After all... It really needs to be enjoyable...
Like having a Shiny New Car!!

No comments: