Sunday, September 04, 2011

Studio Week: Show Update

Mary Jane Mansfield's Electric Water performance Art... "Dream" is Coming soon to the Greatest Sculpture Park on Earth!!
I found a sweet little garage space to rent down by the Mississippi where I can work on building a sail for my boat. After a long Winter & Spring... Moving and changing jobs, I set up shop in a double garage in the Longfellow neighborhood. The move meant splitting up my live in work space into a new apartment and what has turned out to be my favorite studio space of all time. The space opens up to the back yards of a few buildings with nice neighbors where evidently I have become the resident artist of their neighborhood. The Birchwood Cafe is across the street. Local, sustainable, organic and fair trade ingredients whenever possible... Highly recommended. They also have a cute little restroom... Studio complete!! Tuesday Wednesday & Thursdays all summer have been studio time for me. Now with just a few weeks left before the show I am pulling together the finishing touches on two really fun sculptures. Be sure to save the date... September 24th for a trip just 45 min out of town to Franconia Sculpture Park!! See you there...

No comments: