Tuesday, February 06, 2007

GRAND OPENING/FEB 1st 2007


Electric Water World Studio Production Factory *of* Life/Art_Electric/Water_Interactive/Sculpture....
The Grand Opening in all of it's glory was all in all fairly uneventful. Nobody was invited, my family didn't even know it was happening... Just me, expecting myself to show up to work!! Actually I started the work of assembling sculptures the night before, at which point I learned that it takes an hour and a half to crumple up little balls of tin foil and shove them into an Aunt Jamima syrup bottle until it is full... I had saved some of the bottles years ago when they were still made of glass, since I knew that "someday" I would use them for a sculpture I wanted to make. It involves my mothers ironing board... which I have also saved... since 1988 to be exact... when she passed away. There are a lot of bits and pieces lying around in the form of materials, notes and sketches... That I knew had a place in the future... The ones that have actually survived the journey that is... And now, along with all of the new ideas that are coming to mind, it is really pretty exciting to see them all coming to life. Opening Night??? 2 1/2 hours of crupling tin foil, and wrapping lightbulbs in bare copper wire.... I cut my finger stripping insulation off an electric cord wire... That was the defining moment of the opening. By the way, in order to get to the point of actually arriving at my studio to work, I got off work, came home went to the store, stopped at rainbow taxi to pick up the invoicing, got gas, went back home made dinner, finished my brothers laundry, took it up to the nursing home, wheeled him to the smoking room, ran off to fill his ice bucket, brought him back up to his room, got to hear this amazing woman who stops in once a week sing blowing in the wind while playing her guitar...and got back home made sure my kid was doing his homework, threw in my laundry and went up to my studio @9:30 to start working... went to bed @ midnight, and got up @ 5:30 am to do it all over again. D_E_T_E_R_M_I_N_A_T_I_O_N... it's what keeps me going... Making time for my dreams often comes at the end of a very long list.
Jan_Feb 2007.............Office......................Studio
Mon 29th..................1/2...................1
TUES 30th...............1/2.........................4 1/2....
Wed 31................1/2.........................3 1/2...........
THURs Feb 1st*********1/2****************************************************************************2 1/2.........
Fri 2nd......................1...........................1/2
Saturday 3rd.............4 1/2............................4 1/2
Sunday 4th..................2............................3
Totals........................9 1/2...........................19.5
Grand Total************************************************************Twenty Nine Hours

No comments: