Wednesday, June 06, 2007

May 27 to June 2


Hopefully this past month has been the worst and hardest month of my life. It would be nice if things could just keep getting better from here on out. Hopefully when I charted the coarse of my current lifetime, I got all of the chaos and drama out of the way in the first half of my life. Now sure sounds like a good time to me to gather up the experience of my life and leave the troubled life behind. The best thing about hardship is there is a lot of room for improvement, and true as the saying goes... if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger. And true... It hasn't killed me. And true... I am getting stronger all the time. And true, as usual....the things I set out to accomplish always take longer to achieve than I plan.
This excerpt from an article by Dennis Waitly does a pretty good job of putting the life journey into perspective.
An indian guide who displayed uncanny skills in navigating the rugged regions of the Southwest was asked how he did it. "What is your secret of being an expert tracker and trail-blazer?" a visitor asked him.
The guide answered: "There is no, secret. One must only posess the far vision and the near look. The first step is to determine where you want to go. Then you must be sure that each step you take is in that direction."
A dream is what you would like for life to be. A goal is what you intend to make happen. A goal is the near look; what, specifically, you intend to do on a daily basis to get there.
This is exactly how I am living my life. At times the events that appear to be obstacles in your way, or seem to be taking you away from your path, are in reality, exactly what you need to overcome, or just simply experience to get where it is you are going. In doing so you learn what it is you will need to know when you get there.
THIS WEEKS TIME ENTRY: 10 hours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"At times the events that appear to be obstacles in your way, or seem to be taking you away from your path, are in reality, exactly what you need to overcome, or just simply experience to get where it is you are going."

I am constantly reminding myself that an obstacle is not a stop sign, but rather an invitation.