Thursday, November 15, 2007

Window of Transformation


This image is a watercolor documentation made around 1992. The actual piece was created in the early 80's. My electric water work at the time was was somewhere between a science experiment and the creative beauty of physics. Today I find it has transformed into work that is rich in content. The Window of Transformation is an extension of this piece. The window frame in my Electric Water House will be filled with 16 round glass fishbowls. Each one will have small candles in a variety of colors hidden under a thin layer of small rocks. A lightbulb will be placed underwater. as the heat from the bulb melts the candles benath the rocks, the colorful wax will be released and float to the top of the bowl. I can't think of a more beautiful way to show transformation. I am collecting the pieces to put it all together now. This is the kind of piece that will definately need to be on film. This is one of the things I will be working with over the next few months in completing my Electric Water House series. 16 Candles is another name I am fond of for this piece... My son is now 16 years old, and the Electric water house series is a reflection on my experience as a mother and wife throughout these years. I think God sends us these beautiful angles to make the dark days look brighter....

No comments: