Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saying Goodbye


This week I have spent a lot of time dreaming about the future... what it will look like and how I will get there. I have spent even more time doing a lot of work that needs to be done to get there... none of it very glamorous... so I decided to look through some old images to see what I wanted to use to illustrate my week... I came across this image I drew about 6 years and about 5 days ago, when I sat next to my fathers bed in the hospital... saying good-bye....
The world seems a little colder and lonely... But then the magic of life has a way of bringing love and strength back in to our hearts through others... and this week for me and my family, it is coming with an unexpected visit from some of my Icelandic relatives... Making this a very special Holiday season... I hope that the magic of life and love are filling your life this holiday season as well.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope it was a wonderful visit (or still is. :))

Miss Jane Mansfield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Jane Mansfield said...

It is always an honor to be present in seeing someone off into their next journey.