Thursday, July 09, 2009

New Work


My two favorite words today are Harrowing and Stellar... The New Work that is coming from my mind now promises to be both. The process of transitioning from one body of work to the next included a fair amount of healthy isolation in allowing space for ideas to present themselves to me and the time needed to process and shape their voice and direction. I spent a lot of time outdoors with the open sky, near rivers and lakes... time at the Walker Art Center... time on my roof... and curled up in the seat of my car along the side of the road napping and playing in dreamland. I have set up new work space and along with tying up loose ends with documentation I am embracing the life of the new work that is making itself at home in my universe...
The one where I have dedicated my life to my creative spirit, so as not to waste one moment of this opportunity to explore and share this truly unique gift that I have been entrusted with.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Harrowing and Stellar...

What could be more intriguing?!?!

Here's to your universe, Miss Jane!