Monday, July 05, 2010

The First 5 Weeks at Franconia





This last week I started the process of installing Tornado Sky: Sunrise.
Before that I started with building the deck, then an open steel house frame, built the frame structure for the Tesla coil canvases and finally found a telephone pole, which I ordered and will pick up next week.
The flower rack I started last spring took a dive one day after a heavy rain followed by strong wind... So I shoveled the remains into a heap... unearthed a dozen or so and re-planted them... so my work space has a little color. I am going to use bags of wild flower seed around my installation now without the Martha Stewart touch of landscaping in extra flowers.
Life at Franconia has been rich... Slide nights & dance party's... Bonfires & lots of hard work... 10 to 12 hour days in the hot sun welding, building with wood and digging dirt... until your sun burn has sun burn... I am loving every minute of it. There is always a cold beer and a chair on the porch waiting at the end of the day... the kitchen smells amazing around dinner time... and when the dinner bell rings there is a family style dinner for 20 outside at a picnic table.
I still have more than 2 months left before the Sept 15th deadline. Feels like I am doing pretty well with getting it together. It will be nice to have some time to make sure it gets up and running smoothly.

No comments: