Thursday, April 23, 2009

Voluntary Slave Labor



What on Gods Green Earth possesses us to persevere against all odds... I mean really... It has never been more evident to me than the past several months I have been on facebook how extensive this really creatively driven group of friends I have is... and there is no stopping it... how many of us really would trade a week in the Bahamas for the chance to be who we are... even when it means making great sacrifices of the Martha Stuart style creature comforts... Gifted talented creative entities raising the bar on humanity... For bird seed and a beer... It's 85 degrees and beautiful out... and here I sit in the clutter of a home/studio turned sweat shop... 3 weeks behind on the rent.... a month late on the cable bill.... no food in the fridge... too absorbed in my work to comprehend shopping... chasing my imagination into the future... I wouldn't have it any other way...

No comments: